OFFICIAL GIVEAWAY RULES
1. Eligibility: This campaign is open to anyone ages 18+ currently living in Newfoundland. Employees of Down Home HVAC LTD., advertising and promotion agencies, and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the contestant agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Down Home HVAC LTD. as final and binding as it relates to the content of this campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on June 6th, 2023 and end on 11:59pm on June 26th, 2023. Winners will be notified on Jun 27, 2023
4. How to Enter: The campaign must be entered by liking the specified Down Home HVAC LTD. Post and commenting who they’re spending summer with. A bonus entry will be added for participants who share the post or like Down Home HVAC LTD.’s Facebook Page.
5. Prizes: There will be 1 winner of this campaign. The winner will receive a brand new barbecue, bbq tools, a meat thermometer, a $100 Hallidays gift certificate, bbq seasonings, a 4-pack of beer from Landwash, and a Down Home HVAC ball cap. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Down Home HVAC LTD. to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected at random by an official representative of Down Home HVAC LTD.. The Winner will be notified by Facebook Messenger within five (5) days following selections of the winner. Down Home HVAC LTD. shall have no liability for the winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for the winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 5 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content, you understand and agree that Down Home HVAC LTD. and anyone acting in compliance to this content shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the world, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, you shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Down Home HVAC LTD. from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Down Home HVAC LTD. may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Down Home HVAC LTD. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Down Home HVAC LTD.’’s control. In such a case, Down Home HVAC LTD. may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Down Home HVAC LTD.. Down Home HVAC LTD. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Down Home HVAC LTD. has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Down Home HVAC LTD. reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Down Home HVAC LTD. and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any
computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF Canada AND Newfoundland and Labrador, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Newfoundland and Labrador having jurisdiction. Further, in any such
dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
The Campaign is hosted by Down Home HVAC LTD. and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.